Emmanuel is starting to feel more like a home now. I am a little more settled in and have found a rhythm and schedule that allows me to accomplish the tasks assigned by the staff, while still spending time with specific groups of the older girls and individual children.
Last week started off with a few of the more difficult days I have had since being here and ended with some of the richest and most cherished thus far.
Thursday through Sunday I spent time with some of the children on a more individual basis or with groups of siblings. Bayron was one whose story gripped my heart, but gave me great hope. Before Emmanuel, Bayron was raised as though he was an animal; He lived outside and ate from a bowl with little human touch or love. Byron is very limited, but leagues ahead of where he was when he arrived (according to the others here). I had not spent any time with him until Saturday when Nancy and Jessica (new friends/volunteers here) told me his story as I left the house to purchase some gifts with money his sponsor family sent him.
What a joy to sit with him while he slowly enjoyed eating some chips, cookies, coke, and a sucker to finish off his little “fiesta”. He cannot respond or communicate with words. He does not comprehend much of what you tell him or show him, but I know he knows that he is loved. The younger boys watched over him, understood him, knew his needs, and made sure I wasn’t letting him get carried away with the enormous bag of snacks I had just purchased at the Tienda for him to have throughout the week.
I probably could have sat with him for the entire day. He has an innocent, teddy-bear like personality and demeanor that makes him easy to love. You can’t help but want to hug him.
Jeremiah 20:13, “Sing to the Lord! Give praise to the Lord! He rescues the life of the needy from the hands of the wicked.”
Joyful that Bayron and so many more have been rescued.
A few pictures of the kids, I'll have to post one of Bayron soon! Love-




krish! thank you for posting those pictures of jorge luis and johana... i love to see their smiling faces... just what i needed! thank you! thank you!! bayron for sure changed me while i was there. i spent a week with him in the clinic, and it was the hardest, yet most rewarding time for me. i know your sweet heart will love him well. milwee
ReplyDeleteps... whoever cut johana's bangs did about as good of job as i did on michell and some other ninas.:)
pps... the shirt johana's wearing i gave to michell on my last day. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, what a sad, moving story. But you are right, through Emmanuel, and people like you, the Lord has rescued him! So good to see your face! Love you.
ReplyDeleteKrisha,
ReplyDeleteI am not too good at this blogging stuff, so I don't know if you will ever receive the messages that I send. But, from the photos it is easy to see the message of love from you and Emmanuel is reaching the children.
Love.Dad
Hey Krisha- I'm thinking about you during this time of Thanksgiving. I love you and I miss you and thank you for serving these precious children on behalf of Christ. You are such a blessing to me sweet friend!!! Praying for you. AND will you post things you need that we could send to you with your address? THANKS
ReplyDeleteSarah, you're so thoughtful. I love hearing from you! I actually come home December 10th, but would really like to get together with you when I return. Love you! Tell Clay hello for me!
ReplyDelete